Prince Harry dealt financial blow ahead of his and Meghan Markle’s UK move

Prince Harry and his co-claimants have been ordered to pay $11 million after losing their High Court case against the Daily Mail’s publisher last month.

The payment is to be made in the coming week, the BBC reported Friday.

The Duke of Sussex is on the hook for the hefty sum, along with Sir Elton John, David Furnish, Sir Simon Hughes, Sadie Frost, Liz Hurley and Baroness Doreen Lawrence.

/ SplashNews.com
AP Photo/Alex Brandon

When the seven claimants lost their case in July, Associated Newspapers Limited (ANL) sought an interim payment until the exact legal costs were decided at future hearings.

At the time, Judge Mr Justice Nicklin said the interim payment was due on Aug. 28.

The financial blow comes as Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, are preparing to move back to England with their two children — Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5.

/ SplashNews.com
/ SplashNews.com

While Page Six hears the couple are relocating from Montecito, California, to be closer to King Charles, another source told us Thursday that money played a “big” role in the decision.

This is a developing story…

meghan/Instagram
meghan/Instagram

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *