Harry and Meghan Will Move Back to Britain After 6 Years in U.S.

Prince Harry, his wife Meghan, and their children are moving back to Britain in the upcoming weeks, six years after moving to the United States amid a clash with other members of the royal family, according to two people familiar with his decision.

King Charles was informed of the decision on Sunday, one of the people said, adding that the family’s move was not discussed when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex visited Britain and met with the king earlier this summer.

There will be no change in Harry and Meghan’s status as non-working royals, and they will remain as private individuals while they reside in Britain, both of the people said.

It was not clear where the family will live. The king welcomes the chance to spend more time with his younger son and his family, according to one of the people familiar with the move. Harry and Meghan have two children, Archie, 7 and Lilibet, 5.

One person said the duke and duchess have enrolled their children in school in time for them to start in September.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *