Prince Harry, Meghan Markle planning to move back to UK with children 6 years after royal exit: reports

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are planning to move back to the United Kingdom with their two children later this month, six years after stepping away from royal duties and settling in California, according to multiple reports.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex intend to relocate to a private residence outside London, the BBC reported Wednesday, citing earlier reporting from The Telegraph and The Sun.

Their children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, are enrolled to begin attending a British school in September, according to the BBC.

PRINCE WILLIAM’S ABSENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES AS KING CHARLES REUNITES WITH PRINCE HARRY AND MEGHAN MARKLE: EXPERTS

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex depart Canada House in London, on Jan. 7, 2020. (Chris Jackson/Getty Images)

King Charles III was informed of the move Sunday and reportedly welcomes the opportunity to spend more time with the Sussex family privately. Prince William and Kate Middleton, the Princess of Wales, have also been informed.

The move is not expected to change Harry and Meghan’s royal status. They reportedly have no plans to resume duties as working royals and will remain private individuals.

KING CHARLES SENDS ‘DEFIANCE’ MESSAGE TO PRINCE WILLIAM WITH BUCKINGHAM PALACE ROOM OFFER TO HARRY: EXPERT

Catherine Princess of Wales Prince William Prince Harry and Meghan Duchess of Sussex walking at Windsor Castle

Meghan Markle’s last visit to the U.K. was in September 2022, when she joined the royal family in mourning the death of Queen Elizabeth II. (Chris Jackson/WPA Pool/Getty Images)

Fox News Digital reached out to Buckingham Palace and Archewell, which oversees the offices of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, for comment.

The development follows a July reunion between the Sussexes and Charles at Highgrove House, the king’s private residence in Gloucestershire. It marked the first time Charles had seen Archie and Lilibet in person in more than four years, according to the BBC.

KING CHARLES HOPES TO REUNITE WITH PRINCE HARRY, BUT QUEEN CAMILLA IS DRAWING ONE FIRM LINE: EXPERTS

Meghan Markle in a white shirt and Prince Harry in a blue shirt looking concerned.

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex visit a local farming family, the Woodleys, on Oct. 17, 2018 in Dubbo, Australia. Simon Vigar looked back on the couple’s royal tour in his new book, “The Royal Wives of Windsor.” (Chris Jackson – Pool/Getty Images)

Harry and Meghan had not visited the U.K. together since Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral in 2022.

The couple left royal duties in 2020 and ultimately settled in Montecito, California. Their relationship with the royal family became increasingly strained after they publicly discussed their grievances in interviews, their Netflix docuseries and Harry’s 2023 memoir, “Spare.”

Harry has repeatedly expressed a desire to reconcile with his family, but security has remained a major point of contention.

The Duke of Sussex lost a legal challenge in 2025 over the level of police protection available to him and his family while in the U.K. He has previously said safety concerns prevented him from bringing Meghan and their children to Britain.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Despite the planned return, royal experts previously told Fox News Digital that reconciliation with Harry’s family would not necessarily mean a return to royal duties.

“There’s always room for Harry to support his family privately as a son and brother,” Kinsey Schofield, host of YouTube’s “Kinsey Schofield Unfiltered,” told Fox News Digital. “That’s very different from supporting the monarchy publicly as a working royal. The monarchy has successfully adapted to a smaller working team.”

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *