Casino guests ‘partying non-stop’ after employee’s mass stabbing rampage

The casino where a madman knifed five people Wednesday night is back to “partying non-stop,” as patrons vibed with “24-karat magic in the air.”

Hours after blood had dried on the casino floor from the stabbing spree, Thunder Valley Casino Resort posted on social media about a Bruno Mars tribute concert.

“We were partying non-stop tonight at The Venue with 24K Magic – Tribute to Bruno Mars!” the Thursday post on X said.

Casino guests party at The Venue with 24K Magic – Tribute to Bruno Mars after a knife-wielding staffer’s mass stabbing rampage. X/@Thunder_Valley
The casino made no mention of the stabbing on its social media page. KCRA

The casino, located in Lincoln, California, made no mention of the stabbing on its social media page.

The Bruno Mars tribute band had been previously scheduled. The 24K Magic tribute band behind the concert says it is “the #1 Bruno Mars Tribute Show that has captured hearts and ignited stages across the globe.”

The casino made no mention of the stabbing on its social media page. X/@Thunder_Valley
He’s being held in the Placer County Jail on attempted murder charges, the sheriff’s office said. Placer County Sheriff’s Office
Naugle, a Roseville resident, was taken into custody within minutes of deputies arriving, authorities said. He was reportedly still dressed in his kitchen apron when he was arrested. X/@Thunder_Valley

Suspect Joseph Naugle, 22, allegedly stabbed five fellow staffers at Thunder Valley Casino’s Dos Coyotes Border Cafe around 7 p.m. on Wednesday.

Naugle, a Roseville resident, was taken into custody within minutes of deputies arriving, authorities said. He was still dressed in his kitchen apron when he was arrested.

Horrified casino workers were seen on video being treated by paramedics at the foot of several glowing slot machines. Thunder Valley Casino Resort

Horrified casino workers were treated by paramedics as glowing slot machines hummed around them.

None of the 5 victims died in the incident, but one was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. The four others were treated and released on the scene.

Naugle knew all of the victims, police said, but his motive for the alleged stabbings is unclear.

“At this point in the investigation, it appears the suspect knew all five victims. No additional suspects are outstanding. And there is no outstanding threat to the public,” the Placer County Sheriff’s Office said in an update.

Joseph Naugle. Facebook/Brenda Russo
Joseph Naugle. Facebook/Brenda Russo

Naugle’s disturbing mugshot was also released, showing the man with an unflinching death stare.

He’s being held in the Placer County Jail on attempted murder charges, the sheriff’s office said.

During the stabbing, the casino was not evacuated, though the restaurant did close.

Thunder Valley Casino Resort is located about 27 miles northeast of Sacramento.

The California Post reached out to the casino for comment.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *